Budgeting is currently available on iOS and Android
1. Getting Started
To get started with budgeting, locate the tile from the main feed, and tap "Start now" or "Start a budget." To view this tile, you must have at least one eligible checking account or credit card linked.
2. Input your income and expenses
Include your total monthly take home pay, retirement benefits and income from investments or properties.
Tap into your transactions to mark your fixed expenses as recurring. Consider including expenses like rent/mortgage, savings deposits, bills/subscriptions, investments, payments you make regularly.
For expenses that are not accounted for in Clarity Money, please alter the sum of your total fixed expenses manually.
3. Set your budget
Adjust the slider to set your weekly budget. To help you get started, we'll provide you with:
- Left Per Week - The amount we see you have available to budget, based on your inputted monthly income and fixed expenses provided in the previous step.
- Typical Weekly Spend - The amount we see as your typical weekly spend, excluding any fixed expenses.
Typical Weekly Spend
This is your typical weekly spend over the last 3 months, excluding any fixed expenses.
4. Customize your budget
Features and functionality when customizing your budget may differ depending on device and other factors.
- Choose the categories you'd like to track
- Set the value you'd like to spend per category
- Your weekly budget begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
- Keep in mind that when you link an account, we fetch your balance and transaction activity to display them within the app. We make every effort to provide timely updates for your linked accounts, but it may take some time for your financial institution to make updates.
- If you'd like to stop budgeting, tap "edit" on the top right, and then "Stop tracking this budget." Your existing budget will be deleted, but you can always return to set up a new one.